Friday, March 20, 2015
Personal Stuff
Some insight into my personal life. I am happily married for almost 6 years. I am a Netflix addict. My favorite genres are action, adventure, crime dramas, superhero and supernatural. I enjoy skeet shooting, rock wall climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and biking. Though most of the activities have been lacking as of late. I am allergic to cats but have 5 anyway mostly because of my wife but I admit that the last one is my fault. She was outside and too cute to leave on the curb. I am a gadget junkie. I usually end up buying a new phone every year and have bought two wearables so far this year. I think I am going to stop for a while though. I feel the need to justify these purchases and I find it hard to justify any new purchases at the moment. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing Rich - fellow gadget junkie here! Will you buy an Apple watch? Not sure I can justify that one (or even sure if I want one.) Must admit, that thin new MacBook sure looks nice, but there's no place for me to plug in my phone to charge if I'm using the only port for a charge! Plus I know it's not too powerful, but I love how thin it is. Sorry about the cat allergies. My husband is the same way, so we have a dog that doesn't shed.
ReplyDeleteI will likely not be buying the Apple Watch. Well not any time soon anyway. I was using an iPhone as my daily driver for three years and switched back to Android in January. Since the Apple Watch only works with iOS I won't be getting it any time soon. I currently have a Moto 360 by Motorola which I love and traded up from an original Pebble which was also really nice. If you like the idea of Apple Watch but not the price tag, the Pebble is a much less costly alternative. In fact the whole reason I bought the Pebble is because I wasn't sure if I would use a smart-watch.
DeleteThe new Macbook is nice, but I think the Air is currently a better value. The Air is also pretty thin and light. Regarding the one port, a Hub would be a nice work around if you do end up pulling the trigger. I don't think they have one for usb C yet but I am sure that will be out soon. USB C is a very new standard. I wouldn't be surprised if the next iPhone, iPad etc all switch away from lightning to the new USB C standard. Other manufacturers will likely do the same.
I started taking allergy shots in February. Once I get closer to the maximum dosage I should start feeling the effects. I hope it does what it promises so I can breathe a little easier. :-)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete